HMRC registration for Money Laundering Supervison is moving online, those who are digitally excluded may still register on paper.

To apply or renew with HMRC:

Apply to register or renew online

Apply using the postal form

Who needs to register with HMRC?

The Money Laundering Regulations apply to many businesses, including:

  • UK financial and credit businesses such as currency exchange offices, cheque cashers or money transmitters
  • Independent legal professionals
  • Accountants, tax advisers, auditors and insolvency practitioners
  • Estate agency businesses
  • Casinos

 HMRC is the supervisory authority for:

You need to register with HMRC before you commence trading or otherwise face penalties.  


Accountant fined for anti-money laundering failures.