In the run-up to our first Virtual Tax Partner Practical Tax conference (held on 12/13 October 2021), we are holding a series of short 'tax workouts' to get you tax-fit for conference time. Each workout will take place online and each session will last 20-25 minutes. Places on each session are limited given on a first-come-first-served basis.
Our unique tax conference builds on the many tax FAQs that you submit to the Virtual Tax Partner support service (on our sister site www.VtaxP.co.uk) as well as providing specialist material and an all-around OMB tax update.
- Participants who purchase 'early bird' conference tickets will be given priority places on our bonus workouts.
Once you buy a ticket we will contact you personally to talk through your selection of Workouts and confirm diary dates.
What's in a Workout?
These are all 'useful tax things' you can sell on and include:
- Furnished Holiday Letting (FHL) & COVID
- A refresher of the FHL qualifying conditions
- How those conditions may be impacted by COVID
- What elections can be made
- The consequences of ceasing to qualify
- Creating a family investment company
- This workshop will explore the goals and considerations in setting up a family investment company and how they could be of benefit to your clients.
- What is a family investment company trying to achieve?
- How does it do it?
- Tax considerations
- Case study
- Setting up a group
- What are the benefits
- What are the pitfalls
- What paperwork is required
- Tax clearance and Stamp Duty
- MBOs: how should they be structured?
- What are the options for selling your business to your management team? Which is best?
- Case study for a Management Buyout (MBO) using a holding company
- Step by step
- Clearances and reliefs
- Pitfalls and complications
- Planning ahead
- Share scheme or share option scheme?
- Tax considerations
- What changes do you want to make to your Articles?
- What to put into shareholder agreements?
- AML for accountants: how to do it
- What is meant by a risk-based approach?
- Does one size fit all?
- Topical issues for accountants: beneficial ownership, error correction, reliance on other professionals.
Speakers: our event is presented by the team here at www.rossmartin.co.uk.
Continuing professional development (CPD): There are nine hours of CPD over the two-day conference, plus extra depending on whether you choose to attend our pre-conference workouts.