HMRC's ATED online service is now open for registration ahead of the 30 April filing deadline.

  • Companies within the ATED rules can register themselves or appoint an agent to act on their behalf.
  • Agents MUST now register for the service to file returns. They will receive a unique authorisation number which their clients can then use to appoint them.
  • Agents can register overseas clients that don’t have a Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) but the client has to complete an ATED1 form first.
  • You will need a Government Gateway ID to access the service.


Our subscriber guide: Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED)

You can register for the online service here


We hope you are enjoying this amazing Practical Tax Database here at

Sign up now to receive our unique FREE Newsletter full of Tax Planning Tips & Know-How.

.Squirrel ad