Ahead of the 31 January filling deadline HMRC have released a list of the most outlandish expense claims they saw in 2014/15.
The list includes:
- Holiday flights to the Caribbean
- Luxury watches as Christmas gifts for staff (from a company with no employees)
- International flights for dental treatment ahead of business meetings
- Pet food for a Shih Tzu ‘guard dog’
- Armani jeans as protective clothing for painter and decorator
- Cost of regular Friday night ‘bonding sessions’ running into thousands of pounds.
- Underwear for personal use
- A garden shed for private use, plus the costs of the space it takes up in the garden
- Betting slips
- Caravan rental for the Easter weekend.
HMRC's original article can be found here