From 14 February 2018 tax free childcare is open to all eligible families regardless of the age of the youngest child.
The new Tax-free Childcare scheme began on 21 April 2017 and was extended to parents whose youngest child was under 9 on 15 January 2018. Those whose youngest child was between 9 and 12 (17 if they are disabled) have had to wait an extra month to benefit under the scheme.
The scheme is open to the employed and self-employed where both parents are in paid work for more than 16 hours per week regardless of whether the employer contributes. The Government will contribute an extra 25% of the parents’ contribution, up to £2,000 per child per year. It will replace Employer childcare voucher schemes which are closed to new entrants from April 2018.
Apply online here: Childcare choices
Wouldn’t it be great and think how much TIME it would SAVE you if someone:
- READ all the latest tax news, case decisions, new legislation and articles in tax and then summarised them for you?
- Only alerted you to things that are RELEVANT to you?
How about if that someone also:
- Updated those summaries in REAL TIME for you
- ADDED examples, planning points, toolkits and calculators, and
- Linked all that information together and also provided you with CPD?
Thousands of firms of accountants and advisers are already using www.rossmartin.co.uk as their primary TAX resource.
At a cost of just £1 per day, it’s a no brainer: FREE up your MIND and your TIME (and your wallet).
And...we run our Virtual Tax Partner support service, if you need assistance with a particular query or technical issue.