Use HMRC form VAL231 to apply to HMRC to agree a share valuation for EMI purposes. The form is an online form which is annoying as you cannot see the questions it asks until go to complete it. The questions it asks are as follows:

Login or subscribe to


Enjoying the Practical Tax content on 

Sign up now to receive a unique FREE Tax Planning Tips and Advice Guide & our FREE Newsletter.

.Squirrel ad