Only a very short update this week as we gear up for the end of the tax year and the Budget.
Subscribe before 31 March to freeze your subscription for a second year.
Nichola Ross Martin FCA
Your online Virtual Tax Partner: practical support for accountants, tax advisers and their clients
Updates, new tax guides and checklists
For PAID subscribers only (because you're worth it :)
You need to execute waivers by the start of the new earnings period. This proforma has been kindly donated by S - many thanks to you, sir.
Surplus cash CGT & IHT relief and ESC C16
Company has large cash surplus: how does this affect Entrepreneurs' Relief, Business Property Relief, and what if you try and dissolve the company? Updated: further notes and links re CGT...More
How to value a business
A guide for clients. It explains how to start measuring up, and provides an overview of the most practical methods for valuing a small private company. Updated: more examples and notes on EBITDA...More
CGT: Entrepreneurs' Relief
A new guide with examples, links to guide on incorporation and ESC C16...More
ESC C16: letter to HMRC
A template to use in connection with Extra Statutory Concession C16...More
Tax planning for the 2009/10 year end
Don't miss this Private Client checklist.
Is it worth restructuring to save tax?
This is the first part of a new case study
New and updated Practical Tax Toolkits
Tax penalties: grounds for appeal
A handy little resource for you to bookmark.
Unlawful, illegal and ultra vires dividends
A worked CASE STUDY illustrates the different treatment for different types of connected persons.
In the news (free view)
Pensions: the definition of relevant income
Just a quickie: different definitions apply for 2009/10 & 2010/11 compared to the Proposals for 2011/12.
Recent FREE view guides & updates
This claim can be made in a wide range of circumstances.
How to avoid paying tax at 50%
Updated links and guidance.
More FREE news, guides, notes and checklists
You have to pay to subscribe to unlock the full content in www.rossmartin.co.uk. Here is some of our free material:
Recommendations: what do our subscribers say about us?
You have two options:
1. Explore the site (then click on the menus and you will soon see what is free)
2. See a small sample.
Budget 2010: tax planner
A handy tax planner for 2010/11 and 2011/12
Subscribe to the Practical Tax Database to UNLOCK your internet Virtual Tax partner:
Our special introductory rate ENDS on 31 March. We are offering a single user subscription from £255 + VAT per year (that is a mere £21.25 (+ VAT) per month).
What do you get?
- Open access to the entire Practical Tax Database which contains over 300 tax and legal guides packed full of essential know-how for advisers.
- Our regular Email update when there are new guides and tax issues that we think you MUST read.
- Nichola’s monthly SME tax news summary (we do the reading and cherry pick the best of the press, magazines and websites for you).
- NEW our Quarterly Tax Refresher (for advisers ONLY) + our Quarterly Employer Briefing.
- A 25% discount to our NEW tax webinar-update service).
- You can also commission guides and checklists for your own practice, post comments and upload your own articles.
- You can access the Virtual Tax Partner service for FREE quick calls, or just a chat.