Profits or gains made on the disposal of UK residential property and land are taxed in different ways depending on who owns it and how it has been used. 

UK residents



We also have a handy summary table, see CGT different ways of taxing UK residential property

Selling off your garden or grounds 

Developing property and land that does not qualify as a PRR

Tax Trivia

  • Private residence relief is often erroneously referred to as "Principal Private Residence relief", but the legislation at TCGA 1992 s222 does not use the description principal, it uses "main".
  • To claim PRR a property must qualify as "a residence" therefore you must reside at the premises and establish quality of occupation.


Comments (0)

Rated 0 out of 5 based on 0 voters
There are no comments posted here yet

Leave your comments

  1. Posting comment as a guest.
Rate this post:
Attachments (0 / 3)
Share Your Location